Marketing Director Tricia tells us about a Friday night outing to the Oakland Museum of California…
I am loving Oakland more and more…so much to do, see, eat and hear. Every Friday night the Oakland Museum hosts a street party with food trucks from Off The Grid. I ventured downtown on a beautiful summer evening- perfect temps for a street party. We were not disappointed. People were dancing to the reggae rhythms of The Mango Kingz .
There were at least a dozen food trucks and after much debate we settled on Peruvian specialties from Sanguchon…what a treat. I had the Loma Saltado- a stir fried NY steak sandwich with tomato, onion and cilantro soy sauce. It was on the yummiest roll- crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside-street food heaven.
The museum is open and admission is half price-Ages 18 and under are free!
In addition to the live music there are all kinds of activities:
- For those who wanted to work up an appetite there was Zumba class
- Garden Hunt Card self-guided activity for all ages in the Museum gardens
- Makers & Tasters Series with the Pickle Panel, a group of experts demonstrating how to make pickles at home
- OMCA Pub Trivia with Senior Curator of Natural Sciences, Douglas Long, 7 pm
- Family-friendly drop-in workshop with Gallery of California Natural Sciences-inspired plant leaf tracing and handmade journals 5 to 8 pm
Mark Your Calendars: Every Friday night 5-9 OCMA I’ll be there!
My California Delicious? Definitely was the stunning show Summoning Ghosts: The Art of Hung Liu
Details: Every Friday night, 5–9 pm
Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks. – See more at: http://www.museumca.org/friday-nights-omca#
2 hours from Sacramento
Under 1 hour from San Francisco
Under 7 hours from Los Angeles
Oakland Museum of California- OMCA
1000 Oak St
Oakland, CA 94607